Phone: 507 363-1456
Below is information for the upcoming Tartan Coaches Classic tournament. No links are currently available on the website, but they should be available soon by clicking HERE
Thanks, and GO HUSKIES!
December 7, 2018
The 2018 Tartan Coaches Classic is holding its 27th annual youth basketball tournament on December 15 & 16 and we look forward to seeing you at the tournament sites, Skyview Middle School, North High School and Tartan High School. Attached you will find tournament brackets, rules included on this sheet and directions to Skyview, North and Tartan. National Federation of State High School Association rules shall govern play except for the following:
1. Fourteen minute halves. Two minutes at halftime. First overtime is one minute and the second is sudden death.
2. Three full timeouts per game. They do not carry over into overtime. One time out per overtime period.
3. Unsportsmanlike conduct by players, coaches, parents or fans will not be tolerated and will be penalized accordingly. This could mean removal from the gym and/or tournament.
4. Each team will be allowed at least 4 minutes to warm up.
5. Free throws will be shot as per high school rules.
6. There are no restrictions defensively except teams may not full court press with a lead of 15 or more points. 4TH GRADE NO PRESSING OR ZONE ALLOWED (until the last 2 minutes of the game). 27.5 basketball are used in the 4th grade.
7. The home team will provide the official scorekeeper. The official scorekeeper should sit at the scorer’s table with their own scorebook. The home team is the bottom team (or second team) of the two teams listed in the pairing. Coaches please make sure you arrange this.
8. Only players are allowed on the floor. All others should remain in the balcony area (this applies at Tartan only in gyms 1 & 2 for the safety of the players, please notify your parents and fans).
9. The game ball will be furnished by the team designated as the home team.
10. Technical/intentional fouls will not be shot. Two points and the ball will be awarded on T’s.
11. Running time the last 7 minutes with a 20 point lead or more.
12. Awards: 10 per team. Medals/trophies will be handed out in a designated area in the hallway after the game.
13. Only two coaches admitted free per team. All others must pay admission.
14. Brackets are also available on line at www.isd622.org/tartan - follow Athletics – Boys Basketball – icon on the left.
If there are any questions please call me at 651-468-8303(cell) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest and cooperation. Have a great tournament!
Tournament Director/Head Boys Basketball Coach
PRACTICE GOOD SPORTSMANSHP!
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT TOURNAMENT!