Welcome to the Apple Valley Classic Boys Basketball Tournament! We are excited to host you the weekend of Feb 20th/21st! There is a lot of information to cover to ensure we can host a successful and safe tournament. Please forward this email to all coaches and parents.
- We will be completing brackets all in one day. Saturday will be: 4C, 5A, 5B, 5C, 6C, 7A, 8A, 8B. Sunday will be: 3rd, 4B, 6A, 6B, 7B, 7C, 8C. These are tentative. Teams dropping out could force us to switch. We will let you know ASAP if that is the case.
- We have opted to ensure there is at least a one hour break between all games to ensure the players have a chance to recover. As we build the brackets we will try the best we can to have our teams coming from 45+ minutes have shorter days.
- We will release brackets on Friday to ensure we can see if we have any teams that have to drop out. Keep checking the brackets all the way to the day prior though in case we have last minute changes.
- Burnsville High School - 600 State Street Highway 13, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Apple Valley Community Center - 14603 Hayes Rd, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Eagan Community Center - 1501 Central Pkwy, Eagan, MN 55121
- Our goal is to have the safest tournament possible. With the tournament only being two weeks away from state for some teams, our goal is to have no COVID issues. With that comes some strict guidelines that we will enforce to promote safety as well as the requirements for our facilities which are allowing us to host this tournament. Thank you for your help in following these guidelines.
- All players, coaches, and spectators will have to wear a mask properly (over the mouth and nose) at all times. After clarifying with medical professionals, mesh masks will not be allowed. Anyone not wearing a mask properly will be asked to leave.
- At this time due to building constraints we are not allowing exceptions to wearing a mask at our tournament.
- We are allowing a combination of 10 spectators/coaches for each team. We will hand out wristbands that will be checked as teams enter the facilities. There is no switching wristbands between games! The Minnesota Department of Health is relying on us to maintain proper contact tracing and switching brings additional risk to the tournament. Anyone found switching will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if any of your teams have to drop out due to COVID protocols.
Game Day Procedures
- Head coaches will check in 30 minutes prior to their first game with the admissions table at the facility they play their first game at
- We will verify we have all waivers and rosters and hand the coach their 10 wristbands
- All players, coaches, and spectators will need to wait in their cars until they get a text from our admissions staff saying they can come in. There is no gathering outside or inside the facilities until you get the text. This is a requirement from our facilities to run the tournament.
- After the text you will be taken to your court and we will make sure both teams are warming up before we start a 5:00 minute warm-up clock
- We will be using a 20 minute running clock until the last two minutes. We ran our girls tournament two weeks ago and this allowed us to maintain right on schedule even with the longer time between games to get teams in and out.
Team Roster and Waivers
- The good news is we have made these all digital for this weekend! This should allow us to verify we are all set prior to you even showing up for the weekend!
- Head coaches need to fill out the team roster/spectator sheet and return by EOD the 12th. Team Roster
- Please forward the following waiver to all of your spectators/players that will be attending the tournament. We only need one waiver filled out for a spectator or coach/player combination. If a player will have two spectators they should both fill out a waiver and include the player's name both times. This is also due by EOD the 12th. Waiver
- We will cross check all rosters and waivers to make sure we are all set prior to you showing up which should make our gameday run smoothly