We are excited to host your teams on Jan 30-31 at Shakopee High School. All teams will be playing 2 games in a single day (either Saturday or Sunday). The Eden Prairie tourney and Winter Shootout have been merged to allow all teams to play during the weekend. If you registered for both, you will play both Saturday and Sunday, a total of 4 games. All teams/parents must enter via the main Shakopee High School Entrance (Door #1) on the EAST side of the school (see attached picture). Shakopee is allowing 10 adults and 2 coaches per team to attend for a max of 12 per team.
Please review all information below and forward to coaches/parents that will be participating:
- Tournament Rules and schedules can be found here: http://www.mnbasketball.com/
- Navigate to the Eden Prairie Girls Travel Tournament button on the home screen to access rules and schedules
- This schedule is a first draft and there will be some changes as we have already had a few teams drop due to Covid. We will send an updated schedule in the next 48 hours or so, it is our hope that teams do not change the day they are playing. Thanks for your patience and flexibility.
- Download the Tournament Depot App to have access to schedule while on site
- Courts 1-6 will be located in the Activity Center and parents will watch from running track above courts.
- Courts 7-8 are in the Auxiliary Gym.
- Courts 9-10 are in the varsity gym.
- Masks will be required by all who enter the facility the entire time they are inside. This includes parents, players, staff, and officials.
- Shakopee staff will be wiping down player benches and score tables between games. Please show your appreciation by keeping your bench area clean between games.
- All participants should bring hand sanitizer to use before and after each game.
- We will have two athletic trainers on site located outside the activity center entrance. Concessions will not be sold. Please bring any snack/water that is needed from home. Access to water fountains will be restricted.
- Tournament staff will be in Black shirts with Pink STAFF on them. They can help you with any questions you might have.
- Players and coaches may enter the school 30 min prior to start time and will wait in the lunchroom at designated tables. Once courts are clear they can move to gyms. Parents can enter the school 10 min prior to game time and should proceed directly to game court.
- As soon as your game is done, you should exit immediately out of the marked exits. If playing back-to-back, you can remain in facility and move to new court
Each team should have a coach/team parent come to the admissions table located inside Door #1 30-45 minutes before the start of your first game to pick-up wristbands which must be worn by adults while in the facility. There is no gate fee for the weekend.
- Each team is REQUIRED to have one parent keep the official book or clock at the scoretable. Please have that person designated in advance